Hubungan Tinggi Alveolar Mandibula Terhadap Retensi Gigi Tiruan Penuh Pada Pasien Rumah Sakit Gigi dan Mulut Universitas Andalas
Complete denture wearers were mostly complained with the uncomfortable and less retention of their denture especially mandibular denture. Alveolar ridge resorption leads to decrease in the size of denture-bearing area, therefore reducing denture retention. There are many factors that cause loss retention, which are closely related to alveolar ridge height. The aim of the study is to determine the relationship between mandibular residual ridge height and complete denture retention in Andalas Dental Collage and Hospital. Methods: This study used a cross sectional design, with total sampel of 30 complete denture wearers. Samples was selected through Consecutive Sampling Method. Data was collected by using medical record, panoramic radiograph, and denture retention examination that were analyzed by Chi-Square test with p<0.05. Results: There was not a significant relationship between mandibular residual ridge height and denture retention (p>0.05). The conclusion of this study was the denture retention is not associated with mandibular residual ridge height in Andalas Dental Collage and Hospital.
2. Gerritsen, A. E., et al., Tooth Loss and Oral Health-Related Quality of Life: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes, 2010; 8: 126.
3. Bortoluzzi, Marcello Ccarlos., et al., Tooth Loss, Chewing Ability and Quality of Life.Contemporary Clinical Dentistry, Oct-Dec, 2012: Vol. 3(4).
4. Riskesdas. 2018. Badan Penelitian dan Pengembangan Kesehatan,Departemen Kesehatan Republik Indonesia.
5. Dinas Kesehatan Kota Padang, Laporan Tahunan Dinas Kesehatan Kota Padang Tahun 2017 Edisi Tahun 2018. Diakses dari https://dinkes.padang.go.id/read/234.
6. Kementerian Kesehatan R.I., Buku Panduan Pelatihan Kesehatan gigi dan Mulut Kader Posyandu. Jakarta. 2012.
7. Khoman, J. A., Mariati, N. W., dan Siagian, E. D., Profil Pemakaian Gigi Tiruan Lepasan Berbasis Akrilik Pada Masyarakat Kelurahan Bahu Kecamatan Malalayang. Jurnal Biomedik, 2012: Vol.4(1).
8. Basker, R. M., dan Davenport, J. C., Prosthetic Treatment of the Edentulous Patient Fourth Edition. Blackwell Munksgaard. 2002.
9. Zarb, H. E., Prosthodontic Treatment For Edentulous Patients 13th Edition. St. Louis: Mosby. 2013.
10. Grant AA, Heath JR, McCord JF, Complete prosthodontics: problems, diagnosis and management, C.V. Mosby, St Louis. 1995.
11. Perea C, S.-G. M., Oral Health-related Quality of Life in Complete Denture Wearers Depending on Their Socio-demographic Background, Prosthetic-related Factors and Clinical Condition . Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal. 2013.
12. Yadav B, J. M., Comparison of Different Final Impression Techniques for Management of Resorbeb Mandibular Ridge: A Case Report. Case Report Dentistry. 2014.
13. Lopez-Roldan, A., et al., Bone Resorption Processes in Patients Wearing Overdentures. A 6-years retrospective study. J Clin Exp Dent. 2009.
14. Al-Jabrah, O., Association of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus with the Reduction of Mandibular Residual Ridge among Edentulous Patients using Panoramic Radiographs. Open Journal of Stomatology. 2011.
15. Kumar TA, N. A., Residual Ridge Resorption: The Unstoppable. J app Res. 2016.
16. Enlow DH, B. H., The Remodeling of The Edentulous Mandible.J Prosthet Dent. 1976.
17. Kovacic, I., Zlataric, D. K., dan Celebic, A., Residual Ridge Atrophy in Complete Denture Weares and Relationship with Densitometric Values of a Cervical Spine: A Hierarchical Regression Analysis. The Gerodontology Society and John Wiley&Son. 2011.
18. Abdulhadi, L. M., Kasiapaan, dan Saad. (). Residual Alveolar Ridge Resorption in Completely Edentulous Patients Influenced by Pathophysiologic Factors. Dentika Dental Journal, 2009: Vol. 14(1) .
19. Campbell, R. L. (1960). A Comparative Study of the Resorption of the Alveolar Ridges in Denture-weares and Non-denture-weares. J Am Dent Assoc .
20. Samkyuta, dan G, D. (2016). Residual Ridge Resorption in Complete Denture Weares. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research .
21. Babu, D., Jain, V., Pruthi, G., Mangtani, N., dan Pillai, R. S. (2017). Effect of Denture Soft Liner on Mandibular Ridge Resorption in Complete Denture Weares after 6 and 12 months of Denture Insertion: A Prospective Randomized Clinical Study . The Journal of Indian Prosthodontics Society.
22. Jayaram, B. S., Analysis of Mandibular Ridge Resorption in Completely Edentulous Patients using Digital Panoramic Radiography. J.Dent.Med.Sci. 2017.
23. Al-Sheikh, H., et al., Mandibular Resdiual Ridge Height in Relation to Age, Gender and Duration od Edentulism in a Saudi Population: A Clinical and Radiographic Study. Saudi Dental Journal. 2018.
24. Ribeiro, J. A., de Resende, C. M., dan Lopes, A. L., The Influence of Mandibular Ridge Anatomy on Treatment Outcome with Conventional Complete Dentures. Acta Odontal. Latinoam. 2014.
25. Celebic, A., et al., Factors Related to Patients Satisfaction with Complete Denture Therapy. Journal of Gerontology. 2003.
26. Zeng X, et al., Contribution of Edentulous Mandibular Alveolar Ridge Height and Denture Adhesive to Complete Denture Denture Retention. Journal of Biomedical Engineering. 2011.
27. Pan, S., et al., Does Mandibular Edentulous Bone Height Affect Prosthetic Treatment Success? Journal of Dentistry. 2010.