Efektifitas Penggunaan Inverted Labial Bow pada Maloklusi Kelas III Skeletal (Laporan Kasus)
The prevalence of Class III malocclusion in the Asian population is between 9% to 19%. Early treatment for Class III malocclusion can be done with some modified intervention on the growth stage. The inverted labial bow appliance was applied on Class III malocclusion patient in growth period show an effective result. The study showed the effectiveness of inverted labial bow appliance on Class III malocclusion. A 9 years 4 months old girl patient came with unaesthetic problem. Lateral cephalometric examination revealed a skeletal Class III malocclusion (ANB -1°, Wits appraisal -8 mm). Removable orthodontic appliance with inverted labial bow and expansion screw was applied on the maxilla of this patient. The treatment was carried out for 9 months. The result of this treatment was skeletal Class I (ANB 2°, Wits appraisal -4 mm). This procedure was simple and effective to correct the skeletal Class III malocclusion on growth stage patient.
2. Khan MB, Karra A. Early Treatment of Class III Malocclusion: A Boon or a Burden? Int J Clin Pediatr Dent. 2014; 7(2): 130-136.
3. Tagrida SG, Alhelali AT, Almadani SNH, Al-Tawi DA, Musairy LJ, Alghamdi AM et all. Orthodontic Management for Class III Malocclusion. The Egyptian Journal of Hospital Medicine 2017; 69(4): 2286-93.
4. Valli B. Management of Class III Malocclusion in children. International Journal of Current Advanced Research 2017; 6(5): 3641-4.
5. Proffit WR. The timing of early treatment: An overview. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 2006; 129: S47-9.
6. Machado AW, Caldas SGR, Maia LGM. Early correction of a developing Class III malocclusion with a removable appliance. Dent Oral Craniofac Res. 2016; 2(5): 359-61.
7. Pattanaik S, Mohammad N, Parida S, Sahoo SN. Treatment modalities for skeletal Class III malocclusion: early to late treatment. IJSS Case Report & Reviews. 2016; 2(8); 28-33.
8. Majanni AMR, Hajeer MY. The Removable Mandibular Retractor vs the Bone-anchored Intermaxillary Traction in the Correction of Skeletal Class III Malocclusion in Children: A Randomized Controlled Trial. J Contemp Dent Pract 2016; 17(5): 361-371.
9. Al-Khalifa HN. Orthopedic Correction of Class III Malocclusions during Mixed Dentition. Open Journal of Stomatology. 2014; 4: 372-380.
10. Bacetti T, Tollaro I. A retrospective comparison of functional appliance treatment of Class III malocclusions in the deciduous and mixed dentitions. European Journal of Orthodontics; 1998. p. 309–17.
11. Almeida MR, Almeida RR, Oltramari-Navarro PVP, Conti ACCF, Navarro RL, Camacho JGDD. Early treatment of Class III malocclusion: 10 year clinical follow-up. J Appl Oral Sci. 2011; 19(4): 431-9.
Copyright (c) 2021 Nelvi Yohana, Siti Bahirrah
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.