PERBANDINGAN VALIDITAS ANALISIS MOYERS DAN ANALISIS SITEPU PADA MAHASISWA SUKU MINANG FAKULTAS KEDOKTERAN GIGI UNIVERSITAS ANDALAS
Background: Malocclusion is a deviation from normal occlusion of teeth, and the majority of malocclusion cases occur in the stage of mixed dentition. There are several methods in the analysis of mixed dentition, two of which are Moyers analytical method and Sitepu analytical method. This study aims to determine the comparison of validity between Moyers analysis and Sitepu analysis when used in Minang ethnic students at FKG UNAND. Methods: This study used an analytical descriptive method. The sample consisted of 50 Minang ethnic students at Dentistry Faculty (FKG) of Andalas University selected by purposive sampling technique. The data analysis used Mann-Whitney test for maxilla and Independent t-test for mandible. Result: The results show the existence of differences in the validity between Moyers analysis and Sitepu analysis if used to Minang ethnic students at FKG UNAND. Sitepu analysis was valid in maxilla and mandible (p > 0.05), while Moyers analysis was only valid in maxilla (p > 0.05), and in mandible showed the value of p < 0.05. Conclusion: The conclusion of this study is that there is validity difference between Moyers analysis and Sitepu analysis in Minang ethnic students of FKG UNAND, Sitepu method is valid in maxilla and mandible, while Moyers analysis is only valid in maxilla.
2. Rahardjo P. Ortodonti Dasar. Surabaya: Pusat Penerbitan dan Percetakan Unair (AUP); 2012.
3. Sholapurmath SM, Benni DB, Mandroli P. Applicability of Two Mixed Dentition Analysis in Children of Jangam Community of Belgium City. World J Dent. 2012;3(4):324-9.
4. Ajayi E, Azado C. Regression Equation and Probability Tables for Mixed Dentition Analysis in a Nigerian Population. J Dent Health Oral Disord Ther. 2014;1(4):1-8.
5. Galvao MdAB, Dominguez GC, Tormin ST, Akamine A, Tortamano A, Fantini SMd. Applicability of Moyers Analysis in Mixed Dentition: A Systematic Review. Dental Press J Orthod 2013;18(6).
6. Bugaighis I, Karanth D, Elmouadeb H. Mixed Dentition Analysis in Libyan School Children. J Orthodont Sci. 2013;2(4):115-9.
7. Rahardjo P. Diagnosis Ortodontik. Surabaya: Pusat Penerbitan dan Percetakan Unair; 2008.
8. Butt S, Chaudhry S, Javed M, Wahid A, Ehsan A, Malik S, et al. Mixed Dentition Space Analysis: A Review. Pak Oral Dental J. 2012;32(3):502-7.
9. Buwembo W, Luboga S. Moyer's Method of Mixed Dentition Analysis: A Meta-Analysis. Afr Health Sci. 2004;4(1):63-6.
10. Memon S, Fida M. Comparison of Three Mixed Dentition Analysis Methods in Orthodontic Patient at AKUH. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2010;20(8):533-7.
11. Proffit WR, Henry W. Fields J, Sarver DM. Contemporary Orthodontics. Canada: Mosby Elsevier; 2007.
12. Ngesa JL. Applicability of Tooth Size Predictions in the Mixed Dentition Analysis in a Kenyan Sample. Republic of South Africa: University of the Western Cape; 2004.
13. Felício LG, Ruellas ACdO, Bolognese AM, Sant’Anna EF, Araújo MTdS. Mixed-dentition Analysis: Tomography Versus Radiographic Prediction and Measurement. Dental Press J Orthod. 2010;15(5):159-65.
14. Tayyab M, Hussain U, Ayesha, Sumayya, Ayub A. Applicability of Tanaka and Johnston Mixed Dentition Analysis in a Peshawar Sample. Pak Oral Dental J. 2014;34(2):322-5.
15. Hammad SM, Abdellatif AM. Mixed dentition space analysis in Egyptian children. J Pediatr Dent. 2010;20(2):115-21.
16. Mahmoud BK, Asab SHIA, Taib H. Accuracy of Four Tooth Size Prediction Methods on Malay Population. ISRN Dentistry. 2012.
17. Irsa R, Syaifullah, Tjong DH. Variasi Kefalometri pada Beberapa Suku di Sumatra Barat. J Bio UA. 2013;2(2):130-7.
18. Fitiariski I. Perbedaan Pengukuran Lebar Mesiodistal Gigi Kaninus dan Premolar dengan Menggunakan Metode Radiografi, Sitepu dan Moyers di Klinik Ortodonsia RSGM Universitas Jember. Jember: Universitas Jember; 2013.
19. Saptiari D. Perbandingan Prediksi Leeway Space dengan Menggunakan Tabel Moyers dan Tabel Sitepu pada Pasien Usia 8-10 Tahun yang Dirawat di Klinik Ortodonsia Rumah Sakit Gigi dan Mulut Universitas Jember. Jember: Universitas Jember; 2011.
20. Jaroontham J, Godfrey K. Mixed Dentition Space Analysis in a Thai Population. Europh J Orthod. 2000; 22: 127-7
Authors who publish with Andalas Dental Journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).